From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:47:10 +0300
I still could be heat related problem with PSU or
SATA controller chips. Video is unlikely but not
impossible.

Another possibility is that you used thumb drive
before adding new SATA and now default thumb
drive letter is same has your new HD. Cause could
be dysfunctional HD but it would not explain
functionality of open/closed case.

Toomas