From:
GeneralStuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:56:41 -0400
Do you know WHICH system files?

I used to run GoBack, but there was no way to disable things like page files, and temporary internet files because it ran on a physical disk location basis instead of a data basis so it was writing to disk almost constantly, even while you were just surfing the net.  It slowed everything down to a crawl and I figured it was causing a lot of unnecessary wear on my disk.  Now I use an incremental backup (Second Copy) daily for my data and Ghost for my Windows partition, whenever I make changes to my system or install software to that partition.  In between (daily automatic at least), I would take registry backups with ERUNT because I had read that System Restore wasn't always perfect on the registry - that System Restore can fail or become corrupt and not run at all (and you can't just reinstall it like I can ERUNT).  I would really like to know which system files (besides the registry) are backed up by system restore and whether they really need backing up between Ghost images.

Thanks,
AnnaSummers