From:
Patrick Macaspac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:31:20 -0700
I have a DFI Mainboard and had a 256Mb RAM (SDRAM). My Local User account was corrupted and decided to backup my files, etc... So I can begin reformatting the hard drive, with the use of a startup dick, the hard drive was reformatted and I was ready to install the OS. I used a bootable WIN XP CD. The CD seems to be scratched but I used it anyway, when it was copying a .cab file, the installation was stucked. I ran the OS installation again and the same scenerio happened. I went to my neighbor thinking that maybe ha can help me, when we restarted the system, the following message appeared: BIOS Checksum Error. From then on, I was unable to start the system. Is my BIOS damaged now? Can anyone help me on this one?

"don't let them make you think you're free, people are born free, yet every where they are in chains"

Yahoo! for Good

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com