ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:33:50 -0600
Vinny,

This was a prime time news program so it wasn't a hollywood, or like the old
preacher once called it, hellywood, production.  It is unfortunate, however,
that something like this, by a Baptist preacher, would have made it on to
the television screen.  The young man who was demonized was the one who
claimed he was possessed.  The preacher didn't diagnose it, apparently, but
the young man did it himself.  I've had calls from people who told me they
had to be demon possessed due to the symptoms and wanting me to cast them
out.  This is one reason why I have placed a statement on the first page of
my website that I am not involved in a deliverance ministry.  It is
interesting to me that the King James word for "possessed" is translated to
mean, demonized, as in opressed, and not a literal possession.   It would
appear to me that the only example of possession we may have in the Bible
was Judas where it says that Satan interred into him.  I was sort of
disappointed that such a thing was video taped, edited, and then put on a
news broadcast.  Plus, the preacher, unfortunately, spent most of the time
talking to the demon, or demons, supposedly possessing this young man.  Who
wants to sit around and converse with demons all day any how?  Not me.

Phil.