C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dufour, Deb RQHR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:23:12 -0600
I guess I should have detailed a bit more ... Avery has spastic quadriplegia
CP, her right hand is much more use-able than her left ... I don't think a
bike lock would be easy enough.  She will have an assistant (who could be
doing this for her) but we're trying to keep her as independent as possible
... I've been hearing that there are now infrared cordless switches ... I"m
wondering if maybe we could rig up her locker to pop open when she hits a
switch.  Wouldn't that be a dream!?  I guess I'm thinking way too much in
the Jetson's era!!

:O)  Deb