Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:01:20 -0500
I live near a public wifi hotspot which my older Linksys
WUSB11 one eared antenna detects. I get up to 4 bars
of signal strength in the Win XP Pro utility, but the
connection randomly fails, sometimes when I click on
a link and sometimes when I download something and
sometimes not. Sometimes the connection is stable for
hours, other times it fails every few seconds.

I am writing to ask for your suggestions about
possibly replacing the hardware and/or somehow
tweaking the signal strength with some (homebuilt?)
device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: