From:
generalstuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:12:39 -0400
Oh, oh, oh, I just read this again - there is a piece of software that does create a My Pictures folder in the root directory of drive C: - I have that too.  I can't remember what it is off the top of my head at this moment, but will write again when I remember.  I believe that the directory on C: doesn't belong to XP - I think it belongs to some software application or utility.

You can move the files from the My Pictures folder on C: to the My Pictures folder under My Documents.  Deleting the My Pictures FOLDER in the root directory of C: will NOT delete or otherwise affect your My Pictures folder in the My Documents folder (under Documents & Settings subdirectories).  I would leave the directory on C: alone for a while however, before you delete it, to see if anything else shows up in it.  It won't take up any space to speak of if it is empty.

Do NOT delete the My Documents pointer that is, as you said, "at the top of the tree."  That one MIGHT delete your "real" My Documents folder as it is a pointer to it.  I hope you do make backups of your data.

Good Luck,
Anna Summers