From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:29:38 -0400
Marilyn Harris:
> Yes I think you are probably right - see second sentence in this study.

>... Only ascorbic acid intake consistently produced acidic urine. ...

Interesting; if citrus fruits really are alkalizing I guess there must be
something else in them to offset the acidifying effect of ascorbic acid.

Kathryn R:
> One would think water is neutral, but I have a friend in Toronto who has
been studying (unofficially) the results of fluoridation of water for
> several years.  She reports that at least some treated, city water is
testing acidic.  Doesn't surprise me.

Another interesting point. The acid-base balance field of inquiry obviously
deserves more study to figure out the details of the process and control for
complicating factors.