Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:30:23 -0500
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:30:32 -0500, Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What was that illness, if you don't mind my asking, and how many years
> had
> you taken the zinc?

The diagnosis was paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, and the Doc
said " any one of these can kill you ".
The psvt was just the most obvious symptom.

  Did you notice any of the zinc overdose symptoms
> (such
> as anemia and nausea) before contracting the illness?

No.

>> There seems to be enough bio-available zinc in raw meat.
>
> There is supposed to be more than enough zinc in mostly-cooked Paleo too
> and
> any diet that's high in zinc food sources like cooked or raw meat, liver,
> shellfish, shrimp, herring, free range eggs, Brazil nuts, almonds,
> pumpkin
> seeds, sesame seeds, spinach, etc. But such dietary advice assumes that
> the
> person is not deficient in zinc and does not have malabsorption or any of
> the conditions in the list below that may require higher levels of zinc.

My experience is that I don't need any supplements, including zinc, as
long as I eat enough raw meat.
This indicates that some nutrients in cooked food are not bio-available.

William