From:
freebyrd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:47:52 -0500
Hello,

My name is Lynn and this list was recommended to me after I posted to
another list looking for information on raw/natural diets for humans. I raw
feed my animals and feel it is time I start looking at my own diet in an
attempt to help with quite a few health problems I have.

Quite a few years ago I caught a TV show about diet and health. It was based
on how our health has gone downhill from eating processed foods. The show
was based in Hawaii, and spoke of the Hawaiian people and their health
challenges of today. It pointed out that when the Hawaiian people gathered
their own fruits, vegetables, and caught their own fish, they were in great
physical shape and did not suffer from the many diseases they do today.
Diabetes, and morbid obesity among a few of what I can recall were pretty
much non-existent until the Hawaiian people started eating processed foods.

When I watched this show I remember thinking how much sense it all made. So
now (many years later) I am looking for information so I can make some major
dietary changes and try to get myself into better health.

I read some information on the homepage, but if anyone could explain the
basics of a Paleo diet it would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lynn