From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:40:53 -0600
From: "Tad Glines" <[log in to unmask]>

>It's been suggested that an excessive blood glucose level leads to
>increased
>free radical production. Would this be the case with ketosis? Or would
>ketosis as a result of fasting (after sleep or due to one meal a day) also
>apply?

I think you've got something here.  Prolonged (constant) ketosis plays havoc
with the skin as does excessive glucose.  One of the first things I noticed
a few years back with the Atkins induction was my skin taking on a stange
appearance.  Can't describe it but getting out of ketosis straightened it
out.  Now I watch that I stay out of ketosis and my skin has that dewy
appearance. As a SAD eater my skin would suffer that lack of "dewiness" with
too many grains and low fat.  Once I went paleo my skin was fine. The one
thing I miss about being in ketosis is the simple fact that I feel GREAT in
ketosis......  sigh......   Oliva