From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:30:02 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2004 9:45:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Why no  frying of food?
Why broil meat only one minute per side?

Also, how  does coffee affect fasting glucose levels?

I do not consider frying a PALEO technique. Also the high temperatures
caused by frying injure and alter the food properties.

In my opinion meat, especially red meat, should be eaten as raw as
practical. Broiling under a gas flame for one minute will kill all the surface
"contamination" but leave the center very rare. If you cannot tolerate very rare
meat the next best method is steaming or boiling as in making a stew. A crockpot
is also OK since the temperature is low. (but some of the value is lost due
to  the long cooking time).

Black Coffee does not seem to effect my BG readings but I have heard  of some
who say it effects them.( If you use sugar or cream, etc., it will
definitely affect your BG readings.)

JerrySteg