NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:08:02 +0000
Bertucci's is the first restaurant we took our son to (at age 5?). He simply loved it. He and I are both  allergic to dairy. He is also allergic to eggs and all nuts.

I don't know for certain whether they change gloves, clean surfaces, or use clean pizza pans/holders. That would be a question to ask the manager.

So far, neither of us has had a reaction to their cheese-free pizzas. Your mileage may vary. Always say that your child has a severe, life-threatening allergy to milk products, and tell that to the floor manager. If new gloves, etc., are essential, say so.

Hope it goes well for you. Our hair-trigger son recently turned 18, just graduated from high school, and is off to a very good school. He knows how to order at restaurants (we modeled it well), and so far he's done very well. He also knows (because we talked about it) when a server "doesn't get it." He's learned how to be polite but definitive, and when to ask for a manager and/or to simply cancel the order, pay for what's been consumed, and leave. Work with your child on all of this - it will pay off.

Mark