ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:03:05 -0500
Sandy,
         During this past year, when Chris was the worst, I often
found myself praying that, if Chris continued to choose to behave
like the prodigal, that he would go all the way and remove himself to
a far off place where the Lord could deal with him directly without
my parenting getting in the way.  I just got to the point where I
couldn't stand it.  God was gracious to answer my prayer.  I know
that Chris is still making pour choices and I continue to pray for
him, but I don't have to have his sin thrown in my face on a daily
basis any more and that brings tremendous peace.  Oh, I suppose there
are those, especially those in the world, who are very critical of
Greg and myself.  They think that we are cruel to have sent Chris
packing as we have, but our other three children are grateful and we
are responsible to parent them too, not just chase after Chris.  Phil
probably put it to me best when he said that Chris didn't have the
right to dictate what happened in my home through his behavior.  I
took that sage advice to heart and that means that Greg and I can
also have a say in when Chris can come home.  Tough love?  You
bet!  But, I am at peace with it.
Kathy