ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:28:38 -0400
Hi guys,
Boy are we having a week!  First, on Monday, our lawn mower and vacuum
cleaner broke.  Yesterday, a dining room chair broke and the transmission
in our car flew apart.  It just keeps going like that!  I do have something
funny to share though!  Yesterday, my oldest son Matthew flew back to Grand
Rapids to look for work.  We had a really nice visit, but Matt has, well,
sort of let loose a bit since going to college.  Now get this, this is a
boy who, all through school had to wear a tie and a button down shirt.  His
hair had to be above his ears, you know, one of those Baptist cuts and he
had to wear shiny dress shoes.  Well, yesterday, much to his mother's
consternation, Matt wore, to get on the plane, his pajamas, flip flops and
a Japanese bathrobe type thing called a Hay-o-ri.  That's not the right
speling.  I was trying to spell it for the speech programs among us, but,
anyway, it's this black bathrobe thing with flowers on it.  A friend of his
picked him up to get a hair cut before he got on the plane, but they were
late so he stayed shaggy.  He didn't want to bother getting his glasses
straightened, so they remained crooked because of a loose skrew.  To make
it worse, he forgot that he had one of those little pocket knives in his
carry on luggage so, you guessed it, he got pulled aside.  Oh you guys, I'm
laughing as I write this, but I"m also praising God that I wasn't there to
see it.  I think "mortification," my describe me, if I had been
there.  Unfortunately, Matt was lamenting the fact that he lost his bright
yellow fishing hat at another airport.  Oh well!  Kids these days!  GRIN!
Kathy