From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:26:54 -0500
Hi.

Recently I have been noticing how noisy my HF receiver in the Kenwood
TS2000S is, and I didn't remember it being that bad.  I was getting to the
point where I was contemplating packing it up and sending it back to
Kenwood, but decided to try pulling a reset before doing so.  It turned out
to be a good move--the radio went back to the way I remember it
working.  The bottom line with these newer radios that let you change so
much, and store the settings electronically, is that it is dangerous to
look at two different models of radios and necessarily conclude that one is
worse than the other because it may just be some settings that are set
improperly in the radio.

I think that I messed up the AGC level in my radio, but try as I might, I
just couldn't get it back the way it was supposed to be until I did a reset.

Of course, I feel better that I don't have to ship it off now because that
would have been a real hassle and an expense I didn't need.  But such a
thing would never have been a problem one one of my older radios!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]