From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:59:31 -0400
Hi.

I don't even know why Kenwood is bothering with the internal tuners, as
restricted as they are in range.  I wasted no time in getting an external
tuner for my TS2000S.  The older Kenwood radios like the TS450S used some
thoroughly decent tuners, but these new ones leave a lot to be desired.

On the other hand, either the MFJ993 or the LDG tuners work great.  With
the 300 watt capability, I would think that the MFJ993 would make a fine
companion with the TS480HX, especially if you purchase the interface from
MFJ to operate the tuner from the tune button on the radio (come to think
of it, does the HX version have a tune button?).

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]