Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:34:46 -0800
From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Philip wrote:
> Which indisputably good factors are you referring to, and from
> which of
> those foods?

Those in the raw dairy. Bacteria, enzymes, bioavailable minerals, the
fatty acids, and the immune factors in colostrum.
>  It sounds like your opposition to processing is partial
> rather than absolute. It appears to be one of your key factors re:
> cooking
> fats--ie., some processing and industrial mass production is OK (as in
> store-bought olive and coconut oil and churned butter), but less is
> better.

Yes, less is better, and certain foods are only available to us in
"store-bought". I have chickens, but I can't keep goats or a cow
here. I still purchase fruits and vegetables grown by others for
profit. And while some concentrated products don't attract me at all,
such as fruit juices and most oils, others are civilized answers to
obtaining what are really good foods, and the dairy is certainly in
that category. It appears I feel that dairy almost "should" have been
Paleo, because of its value:)

> Can you direct me to a reference that provides evidence of the
> negative
> health effects of flax lectins? As I understand it, there are
> lectins in
> most foods, both plant and animal.

Yes, and I've read Todd's cites and others. My "research" is only
anecdotal; I know of a few humans - after all, not many eat well
enough to apply for the position - who have had allergic reactions to
flax, and/or have done much better when they quit eating it. In
addition, it is a very common allergen for dogs, who of course are
not at all equipped to deal with plant matter - it just goes through,
for the most part. As I mentioned before, I like making it easy by
getting my O3 straight from the bodies of the processing animals.

ginny