Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:38:44 -0500
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:25:03 -0700, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>There are two types of diabetes.  Type 1, or insulin-dependent, diabetes
is a limitation in the ability of the body to make insulin.  Type 2, or
insulin resistance, involves the inability of the body to properly deal
with an overabundance of blood glucose.  With type 2, the body sees too
much insulin and doesn't respond to it properly.  The skunk in a room
analogy is a good one.  When you first walk in, the stench is
overwhelming.  But after a while, you all but lose you ability to even
smell it.  The body reacts in the same way to an overabundance of insulin.

>Ray had type 2 issues, I believe.
>
>Jim Swayze
>www.fireholecanyon.com

Yes, thanks Jim, I know there are two major types of diabetes (along with
a third)--which is why I mentioned that Ray didn't specify in his book
which type of diabetes he had. I have a cousin who developed type 1
(insulin dependent, so-called "juvenile diabetes") in his 30's, so it is
possible that Ray could have had type 1 at age 33, when he was diagnosed
with diabetes.

Some people have claimed that Ray did have type 1, both here and elsewhere
(such as Susan Carmack in this forum on Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:35:33 -0800)--
but I haven't seen Ray himself report which type he had (though he did
indirectly hint that he had type 1 here: listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-
ICORS.EXE?A2=ind0408&L=paleofood&T=0&X=2C4E7E39DEEF02B3A3&Y=the411%
40fastmail.fm&P=31317).

I also know people with type 2 (insulin resistant diabetes). There is also
a third type of diabetes--gestational diabetes (sometimes called type 3).
It would be nice to be able to clear up for sure which type Ray had. If
you can direct me to where Ray specified this, I would appreciate it.