Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:04:06 -0500
        I did the upgrade today.  A Big thanks to Myles at AES here in
Milwaukee.  He is the head repair guy there.
I called him to ask where the slide switch was that you have to move to
upgrade the radio through the data port.
He didn't know, but with in an hour and a half on a busy Saturday, he
called me back.
It's under the cover, 2&1/8 inches in from the right side of the radio, and
3&1/8 inches in from the front.  It's just behind a sort of L shaped
shielding.  the switch is flat, with a small plastic handle.  You can move
it with a finger nail.
The switch is back for normal and pushed forward to allow you to write to
the firm ware.
It is a bit scarey, because the radio won't work until you finish the
upgrade, which verbally tells you when it is done.
After that, you have to do a full re-set on the radio.
I couldn't figure how to download my settings from the radio to the pc, but
since that only takes about 20 minutes to re-write, didn't really care.
The rx agc seems to be better, with a better signal to noise ratio.
The audio is certainly up to the level of the full carrier now.

Now how is that for service.  Full faith that I could do it, and the
information given in a way that is useful to me.