From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 21:40:56 -0500

Hi Everyone!

Here in Charlotte, NC (The Queen City), we had our 2nd monthly event!  It
was another huge success. We had 8 people come including a few new people!
Also, after lunch when we went to the Natural Choice GF store we found two
more celiacs to invite to our monthly events.  We now have a membership
listing of about 15 (after just two months).  The overwhelming opinion at
lunch was "this works"!  Coming together to share experiences and solicit
ideas is incrediably wonderful!  We truly have a "support" group growing
here!  I got great tips on meals, iron supplement (via Blackstrap
molasses), and so much more (even a handyman for future home repairs)! It's
also very healing to talk about a condition with people who really
un
derstand and are not just trying to be polite!

This is also helping us, who are a little fearful of eating out, become
more confident and giving us some new - old experiences!  Today, the "Red
Bowl" (asian bistro) restaurant in Fort Mill, SC was the best restaurant
experience I have had since diagnosis 18 months ago!  They had a gluten-
free menu that actually brought tears to my eyes.  This was the first time
I ordered something other than salad or steak...Moo Goo Gai Pan! I'm still
in shock!

I've written this before but I think it warrants saying again!  If you are
looking for support in your area, just do a post.  You most likely will get
at least one person interested and you will absolutely love this!

Celiac Support is Simply Serendiptous! Best Regards, Janet