From:
Gluten Free Living <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:49:05 -0500

You can rely on the material you read in Gluten-Free Living because it is
based on facts. We don’t guess – we find out!  Dependability means a lot
when you are trying to follow a gluten-free diet as carefully and completely
as is humanly possible. Misinformation can cheat you out of even more than
the diet does on its own.

Here’s an example.

A reader recently wrote:
In your magazine, I read that, “ Distilled alcoholic beverages are gluten free
unless a gluten-containing ingredient is added after distillation, which would
be unusual.”  It was always my understanding, and I have had CD and DH for
most of my 65 years, that other than wine, the only alcohol that I could drink
was Brandy and Cognac, because they are made from the grape,  and vodka made
from pure potato mash. I was told that any alcohol distilled from the grain
was not gluten free.”

This gentleman avoided something he didn’t need to for roughly half a century.
Granted alcoholic beverages are not necessities, but it’s nice to celebrate once
in a while.

We get a lot of questions like this from people who have been worrying unnecessarily
about foods that are actually gluten free. We know we have done as much research on
ingredients as humanly possible and we stand by what we publish.

Don’t deprive yourself unnecessarily. Subscribe to Gluten-Free Living with confidence
that you are receiving the most reliable information currently available on ingredients
and the gluten-free diet. You’ll also read about many other aspects of living a happy,
healthy gluten-free life.

Sign up now and you will receive our “Gluten-Free Living Starter Kit,” which includes
2 back issues and other valuable material. To sign up, go to www.glutenfreeliving.com