Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 21:41:35 -0500

I forgot to add you can add cheese too:  parmesan (boar’s head is GF)
sprinkled on to taste for each person, I also occasionally use about ˝ cup
sharper Italian hard cheese to a pound of pasta – this time I used ANCO
imported Italian Ricotta Salata cheese, ingredients: whey of pasteurized
sheep’s milk and salt – this is my second time trying this brand and seems
to be gluten free.  Another tip on canned goods – I used del monte this time
and I always take the top off, put it back on, keep it covered and run under
cold water to remove salt and any chemicals, giving the can a light squeeze
a couple of times to make for a clean rinse.  I might not get as much juice
with the vege but I can add olive oil to make up for that.  Another tip
regarding parsley:  when cooking Italian, one cannot go wrong with adding as
much parsley as you wish, the more the better.  It is a downright vegetable
in it’s own right.  It is also extremely nutritious, and does wonders for
your breath.  Another addition would always be garlic of course, but I like
it with the shallots or onion only, it’s always up to the cook.

This recipe is a typical, throw it together at the last minute with what you
have in the refrig and pantry “quickie meal” that shouldn’t take more than
30 minutes to prepare.  Cook fresh for your family tonight!