Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:43:36 -0400

Summary re asian fish sauces:  There are indeed brands of fish sauce
which contain wheat protein.  Eeuw!  Why does a company need to
contaminate a perfectly good product made of "aged" fish with icky wheat
proteins??????

Anyway, here are the comments I received:
3 Crabs (a popular brand) is NOT GF; it has hydrolyzed wheat protein.

We use Squid Brand (also a popular brand) and haven't had any problems
 ----------------------------
I eat Thai Kitchen fish sauce and other products.
-----------------------------
Thai Kitchen
"premium extra virgin Fish Sauce" is what the label says -

I'm told some brands are not GF but only picked this up because I was
referred to it as GF.-

 I use Squid brand which a Vietnamese friend said is the best, most favored
brand.  I do not get a reaction from it and I'm very sensitive, and the
ingredients look fine, so I eat it.  It's up to you, of course; it's not
labeled gf & I didn't check with the manufacturer.
The fish sauce by KA ME is Gluten Free.   I called the company   LIBERTY RICHTER INC.   and they confirmed it.

Hope you like it.