From:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:25:31 -0500

WOW, what great response for our first year in Texas!  We
hope to make this an awesome camp experience for your
family; therefore we are opening the registration to
non-celiac siblings.

If you would like to register your siblings, please
contact us as soon as possible.  We hope that as parents
you will understand that there will be not gluten
containing foods allowed on the property during this week.
 The non-celiac children will also eat gluten-free food,
which may not be too surprising for most.  The information
you need right now is listed below.

For those already registered, a program guide (including
arrival and departure information), health forms, and
complete registration form will be mailed during the
middle of April.

The Great Gluten Escape Camp - 2005
Youth ages 7-14 who have gluten-restricted diets are
invited to a carefree summer camp where the menu is made
just for them! No more worries about what to eat.  The
Dallas chapter of Raising Our Celiac Kids (R.O.C.K.) has
teamed up with two local Girl Scouts working for their
Gold Award, to organize a 6-day, 5-night camp in North
Texas.
The Great Gluten Escape Camp will provide the same
enriching camping experiences as you remember as a child.
Games, arts and crafts, cooking class, campfire dinner,
music, ropes course, archery, orienteering, hiking, etc.
The five air conditioned cabins sleep anywhere from 8 to
20 campers per cabin. The dining hall services over 200
with a full commercial kitchen.

Where: Great Gluten Escape Camp
        418 Lutheran Drive, Pottsboro, TX 75076
When:  June 26 - July 1, 2005
How much: $325, meals included of course
             ($100 nonrefundable deposit due March
              immediately); remainder due May 1, 2005)
Contact: [log in to unmask]

Gluten as well as casein, egg, and sugar limitations can
be accommodated. Asthmatic campers are also welcome. Space
is limited to 50 campers this year so you need to register
as soon as possible.

Note: The camp will not be able to serve children
experiencing the physical challenges associated with Down
Syndrome and/or Autism.

For any other questions contact:

Kelly LeMonds, (972) 489-9915
R.O.C.K. Chapter Leader, Wylie, TX