From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:17:03 -0500
It is impossible to give a definitive answer  from a distance, but the probability of two hard drives
failing simultaneously vs. the probability that the cable failed or the motherboard failed or the cable
in the motherboard socket is loose, I would think that probability of one of the latter occurences  is
certainly much higher than that of the former.  The only sure way to know is to test the hard drives in a
known working computer.  (I would not want to put a known working hard drive into this computer, unless
that hard drive had nothing on it of value.)

Dean Kukral