From:
James Oliveira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:24:40 +0000
Alright the deal on ddr2 is frankly if ur one of those hardcore "im going to
be running Doom3 Everquest 2, Half-Life 2, and streaming a video at the same
time ppl... Then by all means YES.

Its currently only available on Intel but that will most likely soon change.
Well and it being the new generation ram yes ofcourse theres a significant
difference..

I would reccomend getting Ddr 400 corsair xms memory if u want speed because
frankly its overkill. Just like SLI. Theres a difference but you can
definately live w.o unless u have a fixed view on money spending.

Ideal setup:
Asus nforce mobo
6800gt -Evga or BFG or 7800gt/gtx if ur a hardcore gamer / graphic editor.
2 gigs of ram (more than enough but then again 1 gig is fine as well)
corsair value or xms
Amd in my opinion but whatever 3800+ is fine.
and no sound card because asus' come with fairly decent onboard.

There ya go hope i helped.

On 9/4/05, daniel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello
> Since I have am still considering what to buy for my first build, I would
> appreciate information about DDR2 memory. Is it significantly faster than
> DDR memory? Is DDR2 memory only available for boards supporting Intel
> Processors?
> Is it worth going to DDR2/
>
> Thanks
>
> The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
> web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
> Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads