From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:25:57 -0700
I kept all the firmware up-to-date. What I primarily found is that Linksys
routers do not seem to have a strong signal. That's why I added the signal
booster first and then the high gain directional antennae. I was finally
able to get a low to very low signal to the furthest required point in the
house (about 60 feet & 4 interior walls). I even tried turning off all the
electricity in the house except as needed for the computers and unplugging
all the appliances in the house to limit any interference. It made no
difference. And I tried various adapters with variable but minor
improvements. In my case, it finally came down to the Linksys routers being
the weak links.

If possible, perhaps you can borrow a different router for a trial period. I
hope you solve this challenge at less expense than my learning process.

Good luck
Tom Mayer