C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:52:21 -0800
tell us the color and maybe some characteristics and
maybe we can sugesst something.

might be interesting for those who drive to tell about
their first car.

i was about to start college. my dad bought me a 1962
rambler for a huge sum of 60 dollars. it was a real
clasic, scucptured in blue and bundo. my first ride i
could look down and see the road through the bottom.
he then welded a piece of tin roofing in the bottom so
i would not fall thru. it shook badly at 40-60 miles
and hour becouse the frame was rusted in two. after 60
it quit shaking. i broke my selfwinding watch driving
that car.
  i learned to drive under 40 until i was going down
hill then i'd give it the gas and get to 60 quickly as
i was going down hill.
   that car would run in cold weather when the new
ones that my friends had would not start. it never
failed to run.
   now the interior had adjustable seats. up and down.
i'd wait till i had a girl in it that had not been in
the car before and say "adjust the seat and lean
back." of course she'd be laying flat back looking up
the next minute looking up and i'd say "i am not that
kind of guy." i thought it funny even when they did
not.
the drivers side door was the only one that would open
from the inside. another laugh on a date. had to be a
gentleman and go around and open the door. no choice.
   i drove that car 4 years then my dad drove it 4
more years and then sold it for.... you guessed it 60
dollars. i still stop and look when i see an old
rambler anywhere.

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com