C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 21:48:29 EDT
In a message dated 05/10/2005 16:10:07 Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Mike,

Where are you, and how recently were you told by that  "doctor" that you
should be sterilized?  My Mom did her nurses  training in the late 40's
at a University where girls with disabilities  (but not boys) were
routinely sterilized until the 60's.   Interestingly enough, my wife, as
a kid, attended the Hospital School at  that same university during the
summer until she was 12 or so for PT, OT,  and Speech because the little
town she lived in didn't have those  services.

Kendall Corbett

This is what I was replying to.  I never had a case manager.  I  learned how
to do everything on my own.