C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joy Welan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:03:02 -0400
Thanks for the congratulations, everyone!  and thanks for taking care of the
address change so quickly, Kat!

I'm headed to Georgetown Law School in the fall.  I've been accepted into
their Public Interest Law Scholars program.  I don't mean to sound arrogant,
but it's pretty prestigious... They only take 8 people out of the incoming
class, and they match you up with a mentor working in your chosen field.
There's also a scholarship and special, smaller, classes involved.  I'll be
living in their dorm for first year students (near Union Station, for those
of you that know DC).  It's connected to the library and the food court, so
I doubt I'll see the sun much .  I also won't have to deal with
snow/rain/cold, which is a definite plus.  I'm really thrilled, and still
can't believe it's happening!  I definitely don't feel "grown up" enough to
be a college graduate...

~Joy~