From:
Tim Rowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:44:37 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Kristina  How are you NOT hungry with 1350 calories per day. I am 5' 8
> 1/2" and weigh 136 lbs. I tried eating just chicken yesterday - dark
> meat and skin - and it added up to about 1,600 calories. By 5 PM I had
> eaten all of it and was incredibly hungry.
>
> Here is your key.  Limit your protein to between about 75 to 100 grams
> per day, no more no less.  No carbs of course.  And make up whatever
> hunger you have left with good fat or nothing.  I have not been hungry
> on this diet -- I just don't want enough fat to get me to weight
> maintenance levels.  It's simple and, as I said before, quite shocking
> how elementary this thing is.
>
> Jim

In the short term I think this large of a caloric deficit is possible
while maintaining performance.  From an evolutionary standpoint we are
adapted to cycles of plenty and not-so-plenty.  No matter how you tinker
with the macronutrient profile, however, this kind of deficit is not
sustainable.  At some point you'll want enough fat to to maintain.
Whether that weight for you is 132 lbs like you were in college, or
somewhere else, would be interesting to see.  Your three weeks are up on
the 14th, I believe.  How about going until your performance suffers,
then see what kind of caloric/macronutrient profile it takes to
stabilize at that weight (or slightly higher), and with a comparable
athletic ability to pre-diet standards?