NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:30:51 -0400
> Actually, I'm pretty sure that McDonalds hamburger buns have milk in them -

Actually, I'm pretty sure they don't - for some of the products.
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.allergens.index.html

> I break out into hives after eating them.
Have you considered that you may be reacting to something else?

My daughter used to react to milk ingredients on touch yet she never had an incident at McDonald's as long as we were careful.
I can assure you that the kid's meal did not have any milk, egg or nut ingredients.

That it is junk food is a whole different topic...

> If you take the bun off (darn that milk powder stuff) Arby's has roast beef
> sandwiches that are dairy free, Taco Bell fajitas are ok, and I think the
> chicken finger/pieces are ok at McDonalds and Burger King but not at KFC.

Why not check the published allergy info?

BK: http://www.bk.com/Food/Nutrition/NutritionInfo/index.aspx
TB: http://www.yum.com/nutrition/allergen/allergen_tb.asp,
    http://www.yum.com/nutrition/allergen/allergen_tb_fresco.asp
KFC: http://www.yum.com/nutrition/allergen/allergen_kfc.asp
Arby's: http://www.arbys.com/nutrition/Arbys_US_Nutrition.pdf

(US info, Canadian may be different but equally easy to find).

Best wishes,
Alex.