C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:59:10 -0600
Kathy Jo,

I've never made it to one, but wish I had when I was doing the direct AT
stuff.  It looks like there are lots of new devices that get shown that
would be interesting.  Could be frustrating too, though...  Like being a
kid in a toy store without any money! ;-{) I've been to conferences with
large areas for vendor displays, and always saw stuff I'd love to have.
I did buy a wheelchair after I saw one at a conference once: Quickie's
first production one-arm drive model.  It cut about 20 pounds from the
Everest-Jennings I had before, but still weighed more than the one my
Voc Rehab counselor and I designed and built.  So, Linda's right; a lot
of the things can be adapted for less money.

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950