C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:50:57 -0500
Laura's been sick since December 20th with a pretty severe bacterial infection.  Since her immune system is so whacked out it's taken a long time for her to recover--but she's much better, now.  Thanks for asking!

Yeah, I know about the liver enzyme business.  I take a couple other things that are hepa-toxic, so I get bloodwork done frequently.  I just had to do something as the Zanaflex was zoning me out in the afternoon, making the evening commute a bit dangerous at times.

Who knows about bin Laden?  Heck, there are so many folks that hate us, viscerally, that if we catch him, there will always be another to take his place.  Some of their hatred is justified, most of it is due to a twisted view of the average American's lifestyle.  What surprised me, horrified me, is discovering that many Islamists really believe that America as a culture is out to destroy Islam and convert them to Christianity at the barrel of a gun.  Very bizarre--and terrifying to know how misled these folks are.  Especially the young men.

Our New Year's Eve was very quiet at work.  I just sat around listening to old, fat cops swap lies about "perps" and Vietnam.  I can't lump every cop in the same pot, but I've never seen a more cynical group of folks in all my life.  Every one of them I talked to said that they joined up to help people, but not one of the fifteen said they'd do it again.  Man, can those guys swill coffee and eat pastries!  I know it's a stereotype, but I sure can see how the image got started!  The other thing I noticed was the smaller the department, the larger the waistline.  There's a study in there for some sociologist who needs one.

I've been watching the radar all day--we've got flooding big-time, but it looks like you up near the lake are getting snowed in.  Is it pretty deep?