BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:49:18 -0400
>IT CAN'T BE WESTERN RED.   MUST BE SOME EAST COAST INFERIOR VARIETY.

I assume it is OK to walk on the inferior variety?
Like I don't have everything else to worry about.

The pool house job in Easthampton that we finished up the beginning of
this week we painted the industrial terra cotta walls with a white
primer as per the approved mock-up that the customer, who lives
otherwise in England, had requested, and as per our contract. We used a
good quality, and expensive, latex primer. The job was beginning to
drive us nuts w/ other trades working on top of us... including the
roofers banging on the roof right over our heads. And all the nails
sticking out of boards NOT to step on. And not to walk over the pool
cover. Or setting off the G-damn alarm in the house and having to talk
to the cops. So we were happy to escape. Carpenters are scheduled to put
in a wide plank floor.

So I get a call from the GC yesterday afternoon while I am driving and
they say the owner does not like the white paint. Seems the architect
e-mailed him photos or whatever and he is not happy. Wants to know if we
can remove it and what it will cost. I never wanted to put the friggin
white paint on in the first place -- but since we thought it was what he
wanted we did what I thought was a damnably good job of it. So I shot
off that I did not know if we can remove it completely, that I would
have a price to the GC by end of today, and that they had better hold
off on putting in the wide plank floor cause if they want us to do it we
won't be available until halfway through May.

][<