From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:17:45 -0700
in our situation, it has turned out very well indeed.
There was only 1 day that the phone service was off for about 2 hours from
some miss hap at the hub station for our area.
That can happen with regular lanline service as well and has to
mee...someone hits a power pole and the lines come down and break...or
someone does something backwards at the switching station and things go
wonky for a few hours while they scramble to fix it.
I suspect that digital phone service through the cable company would be less
susseptible to RFI issues as well since the cable coming in is
shielded....dsl and regular phone services are using totally unshielded
cables from the pole, or from the switching site if everything is
underground.
I tended to get near to no RFI on the phones after we switched to
digital...not that is was bad before, but certain frequencies would cause
some RFI on the lines when we were with the reg service.
73
Colin, V A6BKX