From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:57:21 -0400
Are you planning to operate FM only, or do you foresee using SSB and/or CW
as well?

If you are going for multi-mode, you might just as well get HF.  The only
thing out on the market right now for 2 meter/70 cm multi-mode is the Icom
IC910H, and it is so pricy that you could buy almost two Icom IC706 MkIIG
radios for one of those.

If you are looking for FM only, then there is a lot of stuff out there with
audible displays.  The one I am most familiar with is the Kenwood TMG707A
(I almost bought one of those).  I am pretty sure that there is at least
one other Kenwood radio that has a speech board and is a FM only radio, and
I think there is an Icom transceiver as well, but I haven't kept up with
Icom's line because I frankly like the way Kenwood handles accessibility a
lot more.

73, de Lou K2LKK

.

At 12:19 PM 8/30/2005 -0600, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5AD5D.23D19A30
>
>Does any body know of a VHF/UHF rig besides the IC-706 with a voice synth?
>I don't operate on HF, so I don't feel like paying $500 more than I have to
>for HF just for the synth.
>
>73
>W5NTM
>Alan Mattison
>

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5AD5D.23D19A30
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
>
>Does any body know of a VHF/UHF rig = besides the IC-706 with a voice
>synth?  I don't operate on HF, so I = don't feel like paying $500 more
>than I have to for HF just for the = synth.
>
>73
>W5NTM
>Alan Mattison
>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5AD5D.23D19A30--