From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:28:11 -0600
i am not sure about other countries, but in canada there were 12
recommendations put forth to industry canada regarding not only the code
requirement but also changes in licensing and the pass mark for both basic
and advanced licenses.
They dropped the code requirement, and upped the minimum pass grade from 60
to 70 for both classes of licensing...and also kept in place the ability to
get hf privallages by passing the 5 word per minute cw test  just like
before, but not necessarily required anymore.
The recommendations concerneding the 2 new classes of licensing were not
acted upon yet and a few of the other reccomendations, such as the ability
of the holder of a basic license to construct and operate camercially
availible kits was permitted.
This last mostly to allow for the building of 2.3ghz equipment which is not
readily availible on the market yet.
73
Colin, V A6BKX