From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:11:52 -0400
Well give it a try and find out if it can be controlled. I think it would be
difficult. I actually can't understand how hf could be worked threw the pc
this way. When you're on echolink as you've noticed, you're waiting for the
carrier to drop when you're in qso, whether it's a direct station or
repeater, you can't transmit until the carrier is dropped. Well, with hf
that doesn't happen. I can't understand how some would break in very well.
The people on the other end would have to shut up long enough for the
echolink to key up. Now on ham link, which is basically hf by phone, you
press a touch toan key to activate the tx. I haven't used hamlink for years.
The one here in Toronto is down temporarily. I used to use it to look at my
signal on different bands. Others use it for hf access.