From:
Eric Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:40:09 -0700
Hi all, I am not all that familiar with the tm-261.  However, my personal
recommendation would be either the tm-g707 or tm-v708.  I have a tm-g707 and
I really like it.  In addition to announcing the frequency, it will also
announce the memory channel you are using and whether you are in VFO or
memory mode.  The microphone has a keypad that is arranged just like a
touch-tone phone.  The tm-261 might be an ok option if you are just doing
VHF on 2 meters.  However, I am not totally sure how accessible it is.  Does
anyone else have any comments?

Eric