From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:58:43 -0400
 Fred,

Here is something  written by G5RV himself that  will tell you more than you
ever wanted to know about his invention.

http://www.radiowavz.com/html/g5rv1.htm

The length of the open wire  section is based on the velocity factor of the
wire used.  The G5Rv  needs a tuner.  I've used one and it works fine, but
if you have 102 feet to string a wire there are a lot of resonant antennas
that will cover  a lot of bands and will fit in that space.

Good luck, have  fun building if you go that route.  Steve KW3A