From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:35:23 -0400
I believe it's got 31.5 feet of ladderline connected to about 68 feet of
coax though I've had 2 and both had different coax lengths and they worked
the same, that part's not critical. I bought one made up so the ladder line
was already attached to the coax through what looks like a balum but
actually isn't anymore than a fancy cover for where they connect coax to
ladderline. I know some do use a ballum but other manufacturers don't, nor
do some people who make their own, it's all in preference and what impedance
I guess the ladder line is, that or personal preference. I've had 2 now and
they worked very well, only reason I took the first one out of line was it
came down and was hit or run over by something and did a lot of damage to
it, nothing I can't fix but it will take time and work.