From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 20:21:12 -0400
Your WMA was at 12 kbps, which was an impressively low bit rate.  I
tried to load it into my SoundForge 6 so I could compress the dynamic
range (I wanted to hear the radio better), but this copy of
SoundForge doesn't know about the voice codec you were using, which
Media Player 6.4 knew how to find.  It ought to be possible to get
the bitrate of your MP3 down to 32 kbps or so.  You won't get more
than a few percent of compression using a ZIP program on an MP3.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:06:50 -0500, Howard Kaufman wrote:

>I don't know why, but I see that the ts480.mp3 reads out as ten times the
>size of the ts480.wma file.
>I think I'll keep sending out the wma file.
>Butch let me know if you were able to get the mp3 file I sent you.  I tried
>ziping it but got no compression on it.

Some people think that the devil is in the details.  Actually, God is in the details.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home: <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986>