From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 11:33:01 -0400
Hi, all.

I may have asked this question before, but seem unable to find any notes
from the list, so please forgive if I ask this again.

Does anyone know how to get the TMV7A to transmit on 2 meters, and
simultaneously mute the 440 side of the rig?  My son, who is also a ham,
lives in Kalamazoo, Mi, where the best way to get into a wide-coverage link
system is to transmit on 2 meters, and listen to the output on 440.  When I
try doing this with the TMV7A when in Kalamazoo, I get feedback through the
440 side, and the only way I can correct the problem is to turn down the
volume on the 440 side whenever I transmit.  That, of course, is somewhat of
a pain.

Any help with this would be appreciated.  I just have to believe that it's
possible to configure the radio to mute the 440 side when transmitting on
2-meters.

I know this is automatically done with the THF6A, but then again, the THF6A
only has one volume control.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI