From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 10:54:40 -0400
I agree. On another subject,  ten meters was wide open all day and night. It
still open for short distances and intercontinental propagation. I got to
talk back home to Boston and from Toronto that's rare on ten. Also talked to
upstate new york. Brooklyn was in there the whole night they wouldn't shut
up, hi hi. Usually on ten meters I'm listening for the Caribbean since I
have family there. All these other places are heard by the Caribbean but
it's not often I hear the east coast since it's not too far from me. In
fact, Jamaican operators often relay messages to me from people in Micagan
and New Hamture because they're heard and some of them know me but can't
make it to me. Now yesterday, different situation for once. I even heard
Connecticut as well. The guy told me he had a vertical at a thousand feet,
but judging from the sporadic openings, I don't think it would have
mattered. So sporadic season is definitely upon us, so if you don't usually
operate at night time, you might look in to it.