Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 16:42:11 -0400
Keith,

I think in large part, what one desires in a rig is the important
consideration here.  I am perfectly happy with my TS-2000, admittedly, I wish
the DSP implementation were better, but it includes everything I want in a
radio and does so with more accessibility than I've ever had with any rig
prior to this.  The 480 is even more accessible.

As with any other product, there are certain trade-offs one must make.  There
are an awful lot of people using the ICom706 Mark 2 G, even though it's
receiver performance doesn't equal the 756 PRO or even the 746 Pro. There are
many factors to consider: size, frequency coverage, ease of use, RX
performance, etc.

Having said that, Kenwood currently doesn't offer a top-of-the-line "big
bucks" or "big pounds or Euro", type rig such as the IC-7800 or the FT-1000MP,
but not very many hams shell out $10,000 or 6,000# for a ham rig.

Steve, K8SP