Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 May 2005 21:51:37 -0400
Tom,

Just because a company recalls a product, it doesn't mean you have to send
it back.  Maxi-Aids issued that recall to protect themselves so that
someone wouldn't sue them for not being aware of a potential safety
issue.  Personally, if I were to buy an Omega meter, I wouldn't even
mention blindness.  If they had nerve enough to ask me, I'd politely tell
them that my visual impairment (or lack thereof) was none of their damned
business, and that the only thing that should concern them is whether or
not my credit is good enough to cover the cost.

Steve