Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:55:09 -0400
7bit
From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
The My Docs folder at the top of the tree should be a shortcut to the
Docs folder of the current user. Not a duplicate, a shortcut.
Right-click this folder and check "Properties" to get the full path,
which will identify which user owns it.
There is no mirroring that I know of.
Each user has his/her own My Docs under Docs and Settings to keep
different user's files separate. While the folder appears to have the
same name, it's the full path which identifies a folder, so these
folders are completely different and have no relationship to each other.
This "Full Path" concept is critical to understanding how the operating
system stores files and folders.  Here's a definition of "Path from:
http://www.ontrack.com/glossary/
"A location of a file.  The path consists of directory or folder names,
beginning with the highest-level directory or disk name and ending with
the lowest-level directory name.  A path can identify a drive (e.g.
C:\), a folder (e.g. C:\Temp) , or a file (e.g. C:\Windows\ftp.exe)".

Your pictures, under normal circumstances, should be going by default to
C:\Documents and Settings\My Logon\My Documents\My Pictures
You're probably right about the origin of C:\My Docs. Just copy the
contents of this folder to the My Docs folder you intend to use and all
should be well.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>