IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
iris Information and Referral and Internet Sightings <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 07:17:25 -0700
Off list.  Let me know if there are ways I could help. Sylvia

 > iris dealing with membership application

I made a start, but couldn't go forward because

we need to appoint the review committee or ... (I think you offered to
screen) to add to the form where the application should go)

we need to be clear about where money goes (is there a bank charge for
receiving small payments?  sending small payments?  maybe Ron should have
$1000 petty cash to disperse?)

if we are going to allow a more-than-a-year payment, collected either at
acceptance or at general assemblies, we need to set that amount - WFMH
requires the initial dues as part of the application; they hold the check,
cash it when accepted, or return it if rejected.

and the application process needs to be linked to the database either
formally on the form, with some address to send things to, or behind the
scenes, through the review process

also, I don't think we should be doing membership outreach until we have
something to offer members, at least an email news letter, or an annual
report of our work, or ...

Sylvia

People Who experience mood swings, fear,
voices and visions: each other on the internet
www.peoplewho.org